What you will need:
- 1 lb of ground meat (lean organic ground beef or ground turkey)
- 2 large zucchinis
- Sliced mozzarella
- Choice of tomato/pasta sauce
- Chopped onions and peppers
- Minced garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable slicer
- Cook the ground meat with the onions, peppers and garlic until fully cooked. Drain if the meat was very fatty. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 cup of the pasta sauce and simmer for a minute or two.
- Slice the zucchini (long length)
- Add sauce to the bottom of the bake safe pan.
- Add one layer of zucchini and top with a layer of meat.
- Add a layer of cheese and top with another layer of zucchini
- Keep adding layers until you run out of ingredients
- Bake on 350 degrees until zucchini is tender and all cheese has melted
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
- Cut in squares, serve and ENJOY!!
*Feel free to add a different variety of cheeses or different veggies like spinach, mushrooms, ricotta, etc.